Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1. Why should I study in US? 
There are many universities in US with universal recognition and big range of exciting programs in various disciplines. The US graduates are allowed to work in US for 29 months and during this period he/she is in a position to apply for H1 visa and gets better career prospects. 

Question 2. What Documents are required? 
Your educational testimonials, GRE/GMAT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS scores, statement of purpose/essays, Letter of recommendation and financial documents are the basic requirements.

Question 3. If my scores are poor in GMAT/GRE/SAT etc.? 
It’s a counselor’s job to assess whether you need to retake the exam or not. These Exams are only of the requirements. Unlike the results of entrance examination in India, there are other parameters that the universities look at before they grant admission. However, a good score on these exams help you improve your chances of getting into better schools but are not the lone parameter. 

Question 4. Can I work during my studies? 
Yes, you may. You can work up to 20 hours during spring and fall sessions and up to 40 hours (if you are not enrolled) in summer session, on campus. You may work outside the campus with permission from the International office of your school. These rules may not be consistent with all universities.

Question 5. What is the difference in earning while at of campus job compared to US citizen?
There is no difference in the rate that an International student is paid compared to a US citizen.

Question 6. May I know the US contact addresses of TOEFL/GMAT/GRE? 
P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, Phone No. 609-771-7100, website- www.toefl.org GMAT: 
Education Training Service, PO Box 6103, Princeton, NJ 08541-6103, Phone No. 609-771-7330, Fax-609-883-4349, website-www.gmac.org 
P PO Box-6000, Phone No. 609-771-7906, website-www.gre.org

Question 7. Is financial aid/scholarship available in US Universities? 
Yes, they are. Almost all universities have financial aid/scholarship programs. We can assist you to choose universities where the chances of finding financial assistance opportunities are more. 

Question 8. Is Urban/rural location of Campus makes any difference? 
Living expenses in or near big cities in US are expensive, where as in rural or far away areas it is relatively cheaper. But at the same time, employment opportunities are more while studying in schools where the campus is near or in a big city.

Question 9. Do universities in US provide help in finding accommodation, health information, etc.? 
Yes, they do. All Universities provide many other facilities like improving English proficiency, information regarding health insurance, taxes, career counseling, etc.

Question 10. What is full time attendance? 
S Students on full time study must complete minimum 12 credit hours for Undergraduates and 9 credit hours for Graduate students. You are not required to be enrolled for courses in summer session.

Question 11. What is I-20, is it only an admission letter? 
No, it is not only admission letter, on it’s 3rd page, it bears your permanent 11 digit admission number, and this number is required to be quoted when ever you re-visit USA or get transfer to other school or get employment all such records are entered on it’s 3rd page. More over in all correspondences and transactions with immigration and naturalization Department of US you need to mention this number.

Question 12. What is the difference between private and public university? 
Private universities are expensive in general, but education standard and chances of work placement are better. Whereas Public Universities certainly cost less and maintain their own standard.